Monday, April 27, 2009

Taco Soup

Mmmm, mmmmm, good.

I re-discovered this recipe while cleaning out my recipe cabinet. The last time I made it, we were still living in Fargo. That makes it over 5 years ago! I'm not sure why I forgot about it! It is quick, filling, & everyone here loves it!

Taco Soup

POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 7
1 Serving = 1 cup

Ingredients:

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
31 oz. (2 cans) kidney beans or chili beans
10 oz. Rotel tomatoes, undrained
15.25 oz. canned corn, undrained
1/4 c. (or 1 pkg.) dry taco seasoning mix
1 oz. (1 pkg.) dry ranch dressing mix

Instructions:

Brown and drain ground beef.Combine all ingredients and let simmer on low heat at least 15 minutes.

When I make this I always like to have shredded cheddar, sour cream, & nacho cheese Doritos out to top the soup with. I also like to throw a few jalapenos on mine;-)

2 comments:

  1. YUMMO!! Sounds delicious. It's going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! that was a favorite of ours when Matt was at the seminary. My best friend there made it all the time, but we had no name. So after some wine one night, we named it Jipihapa...the j sounds like an H. In case you want to give it a fun name!

    ReplyDelete