Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

I recently discovered this recipe on a site I sometimes like to drool over called Real Mom Kitchen. She has a beautiful picture of this recipe on her site, I took one too but it didn't turn out;-) I am not very good at food photography I am discovering. I put my recipe below, I made a couple of minor changes & calculated WW points. Although I calculated 6 POINTS per serving, it will actually be a little lower, depending on how much liquid you drain off. I am thinking that I will also try to make it with Reduced-Fat Italian dressing next time which will also save some POINTS.

Anyway, this was just so delicious, not to mention super easy. It does make quite a bit, but I think it would freeze very well. I don't think I will be freezing any here though. Yum.

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 12

Ingredients:

3 lbs. raw skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 6 breasts)
1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce
1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Instructions:

Place chicken in crock pot. I a bowl mix 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian Salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. (I cook on low) Remove chicken from crock pot. Shred chicken and place back in crock pot. Mix with juices. Drain off any excess wetness. Add remaining 1/3 of bottle barbecue sauce to chicken and mix.

Load onto a bun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment