Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Creamy Italian Chicken

We had this for dinner tonight over rice & the kids really liked it. By no means is it a 5-star recipe, if I wanted to suit my tastes I would add in some peppers or pimentos to the mix. I did think it was okay though, as did Tony and like I said the kids (especially my picky Kade) gobbled it up. It was also just as simple as it gets so I'm sure I will be making it again.

Creamy Italian Chicken

Adapted from: Real Mom Kitchen
POINTS® Value: 7
Servings: 6

With the chicken shredded, this makes 6 cups. So, 1 serving = 1 cup

Ingredients

2 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, About 5 breasts
1 envelope(s) Good Seasons Italian Dressing
21 oz Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Chicken Soup, (2 cans)
8 oz light cream cheese

Instructions

Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry Italian dressing mix. Mix cream cheese and soup in separate bowl. Pour over chicken. Cook on low all day ( 8 hours). Shred the chicken if you prefer (I did). Serve over rice or noodles. (Add milk if needed to thin sauce out- I did not need to do this, it was perfect)

2 comments:

  1. We all love this recipe here. We also add in a bag of cauliflower/broccoli with about an hour is to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try to add some broccoli to it next time. The kids really like broccoli so I think they would still really like it if I did that.

    ReplyDelete