Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Today, Grace and I made our family favorite chocolate chip cookies. Usually, I take a nose dive into the cookie dough, but today I restrained myself completely. However, when the cookies came all hot and gooey out of the oven, I couldn't resist. I ate one & it was glorious. I was about to reach for a second and I stopped.

I though to myself, "Is the second one going to give me as much pleasure as the first just did?" I decided that before answering that question, I would plug my recipe into the online WW recipe builder. I wasn't going to throw the towel in on the whole day just because I made cookies. I *know* I need to learn some self-control here. My kids shouldn't be deprived of homemade goodies because 'mommy is on a diet'. Heck, I shouldn't be deprived either!!!

Anyway, when I saw that each cookie was 4 points I decided that 1 was enough. It was delicious and worth it, but by eating any more, I would have sabotaged the healthy dinner plans I had.

I may be having a heck of a time losing these days, but I am proud of how far I have come with healthy eating & moderation. WW is definitely starting to feel like a life-style change for me.

Anyway, you have to try this recipe! It is SO worth the 4 points! The recipe comes from my hubby's aunt, a fabulous cook!


Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 36
Makes 3 Dozen cookies


Ingredients:

1c. shortening
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c. quick oats

Instructions:

Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, soda, and salt and mix well. Stir in chips and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoonfuls on cookie sheet. Bake at 350*.

No comments:

Post a Comment