Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Zoo Day

Today Grace & I went along with Quinn's Kindergarten class to the zoo. It was fun & the kids were good, but I am feeling exhausted. I hope I can muster up some energy to cook dinner tonight at least. The weather wasn't the best today, but I'm not going to complain too much. I am just so happy that it didn't rain, or worse yet, snow. The wind definitely wasn't very fun to deal with during the picnic lunch though.


Here is Grace, with her cuz Bridger. This is at the 1st playground we went to. Before we got kicked out by another school who had apparently reserved that shelter. The shelter we reserved??? Windy with a stream running mere yards away from the playground. Maybe not such a great place for 5 & 6 year-olds. Especially since they were FASCINATED with the water and kept insisting they saw alligators & snakes in there. Thank God, no one did fall in the water despite the fact that several of them were hanging out right on the edge.

Quinn
You can really see that missing tooth in this one!



A, Quinn, & Grace. They were 'my' charges for the day. I think I got pretty lucky! They are all good kids!

Gracie & Quinn are both HUGE animal lovers. They couldn't get enough of the animals & feeding them. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time at the zoo this summer.

Quinn milking the cow. He was giggling and saying, "this is so disgusting". He loved it.

Quinn hangin' with the bears.

Gracie & her cousin, Ashton. They were walking behind the rest of the group, arguing. Grace was insisting she *knew* all of the ducks we had just passed by name. Ashton was saying that she didn't know their names, she didn't even know them at all! She then told him, "well, they are my friends, NOT your friends". What a stinker. Despite the argument, she still found the time to dig for a little gold.

Mrs. T's boys. We were waiting for the darn girls to show up so we could take a class pic;;-)

Quinn's Kindergarten class



1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I think we're going to spend a lot of time there this summer too!

    ReplyDelete