Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Glazed Pork Tenderloin

I made this last week & it was so dang good.  Tony & I both really loved it.  The kids loved the tenderloin but scraped the glaze off.  Whatever, they don't have any taste buds anyway.  I got this out of a cookbook I checked out from the library and I have been trying to remember to blog it before returning the book.  Tonight is the first time I have really gotten a chance. 

 Lord, help me to survive the summer!  I love hanging out with the kids, doing the activities, etc.  But the fighting.  Good God.  Anyway, they are in bed & I'm not going to think about that right now.  I am going to think about this mouth-watering pork instead.  You know, the other white meat???  

This recipe calls for 1 lb. of pork. For our family, I have to make closer to 2 lbs. of pork.  I have some real carnivores around these parts.  

Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Serves 4
5 POINTS per serving

Ingredients

1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound(s) Pork, tenderloin, raw
2 item(s) rosemary sprig, (I skipped this)
1/2 cup(s) Smucker's Pineapple Preserves
1 tbsp Kraft Prepared Horseradish

Instructions


Combine salt and pepper; rub over pork. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place one sprig of rosemary under the pork and one on top. 
Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat preserves and horseradish until preserves are melted; stir until blended. Remove top rosemary sprig. 
Brush pork with 1/4 cup pineapple sauce. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. 
Serve with the remaining sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment