Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fun & Safety Day

Today, Grace & I chaperoned yet another field trip. This time, it was Fun & Safety Day with Kade's 3rd grade class. I only found out I was chaperoning it yesterday. Kade mentioned me coming yesterday morning. I told him that I hadn't volunteered, but he said his teacher said I had. When I picked him up from school I asked her, and sure enough! I had somehow volunteered myself! I do enjoy doing these things, but I know I wouldn't have volunteered to do 2 long ones like that one day after the next. Grace was exhausted after today's trip! I think what happened is that the teacher gave a reminder for those that hadn't returned permission slips for the field trip. I couldn't remember if I had (I had though) grabbed the first signature required paper I saw (in our mad dash trying to get out the door) and volunteered myself. I really need to be more careful about what I am signing! At least it was a fun field trip for Grace!

Here are some pics from our day!

Here are some pics by Kade of his friends being goof balls on the bus.




The Karate Lady taking Kade down.


Waiting


Ready to run.



Kade booking it through the timed obstacle course.



The boys having some fun hulaing.

Gracie & the her doting new friend. I think she would just like to move in with his family. During hockey season she follows the same boys older sister around EVERYWHERE. Very nice people.

Dontcha just want to pinch his cheeks!? I do. I can't believe he is going to be entering the Double Digits in 2 short months. I'm not going to think about it, or I might cry.

My group of boys that I was fortunate enough to explore with today. Same as yesterday, very good kids! This would have been such a cute picture! Dang it Kade, OPEN YOUR EYES!

Does this grin look devilish, or is it just me?

Grace loves a boy that will do what she says. Carry me. Push me. And he listens. If only she could get her own brothers to do the same.

I think the poor kids arms were about to fall off. That rug rat is heavy for me.
Until next time!
Love,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment