Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pork Medallions with Olive-Caper Sauce

This is, according to my husband, the best recipe that I make. Aside from steak and other manly things, of course. Honestly though, he makes better steak than I do that this is probably truly his favorite thing that I make for him. The great thing about this is all 3 of my kids like it to & so do I!! It is a miracle! The only complaint I get is that I should have made more. This recipe sounds fancy, but it is really a very simple & quick dish to make.




Pork Medallions with Olive-Caper Sauce

WW Points Per Serving: 6

1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon olive oil, divided

1/2 cup dry white wine

1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth

1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives

2 tablespoons capers

2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley


Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of the pork with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour, turning to coat; shake off the excess flour. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork mixture from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and pork. Return pork to pan. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 medallions and 2 tablespoons sauce)

CALORIES 212 (34% from fat); FAT 8.1g (sat 1.8g,mono 5.1g,poly 0.9g); IRON 2.7mg; CHOLESTEROL 74mg; CALCIUM 30mg; CARBOHYDRATE 8.1g; SODIUM 894mg; PROTEIN 25.5g; FIBER 0.9g Cooking Light, JUNE 200

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy! I may have to try it, my family tends to like most dishes I make with pork tenderloin!

    ReplyDelete