Monday, December 15, 2008

Possibly the Best Ever, Banana Bread

There is no way around it. This banana bread is dang good. I have tried countless other recipes but my family always complains and asks for this one again. I have to agree with them. Usually, I make this into muffins (easier for the kids to manage & to send to work/school) but today Quinn requested that I make the actual bread. If you want to make muffins, just cut the baking time in about half and make sure your toothpick comes out clean!

Ingredients:


1/2 c. butter

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

3 bananas (Mashed, unless you use an electric mixer like me. Then you can just pulverise them when you mix them in;-)
1 tsp. vanilla (I think it is worth it to splurge on the real thing, not imitation)
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. buttermilk (I almost never have buttermilk on hand. An awesome substitute is to put 1/2 Tbsp. white vinegar in 1/2 c. measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with milk. Leave sit for 5 minutes & you will never know the difference!)


Directions:


Microwave butter until nice and soft. Cream with sugar. Add eggs, banana, and vanilla and mix until well blended (preferably with an electric mixer of some sort). Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix well. Add buttermilk and mix until well combined. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350* for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment