Monday, December 15, 2008

Italian Casserole

I decided that my blog will be a great place for me to keep track of recipes my family likes, not to mention sharing them with all of you! I LOVE to cook, so I foresee lots of recipes on this page. Maybe now I will be able to locate those recipes my family likes, but I inevitably seem to lose track of (the consequence of all of my culinary adventures). You will find that some of my recipes are complicated, and others are incredibly simple. Likewise, some are very health-conscious and others are an abomination by health food standards.

The first recipe I would like to share is very easy & one my whole family really likes. I actually made it twice! It is also fairly good for you. I like to pair it with a delicious salad with low-fat dressing. It made quite a filling meal!

Italian Casserole

main meals
POINTS® Value: 8
Servings: 8

If you don't want to buy a container of Ricotta for a mere 1/2 cup usage in this recipe, just use a full cup of sour cream and skip the Ricotta. I did the second time around & thought it was still very good.

Ingredients:

4 oz low-fat Swiss cheese
4 oz light sour cream
4 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
26 oz bottled pasta sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup(s) onion(s)
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried parsley
8 oz reduced-fat crescent roll dough
1 pound(s) cooked extra lean ground beef
1 tbsp Fleischmann's Light Soft Spread

Instructions:

Brown ground beef with onion, garlic salt and oregano. Add pasta sauce and cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Mix ricotta, sour cream, parsley flakes and swiss cheese. Spray a 9x13 pan with PAM, pour meat mixture into the bottom. Top with the ricotta mixture. Unroll crescent roll dough and place on top stretching to fit as needed. Melt margarine and brush on top of roll dough. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment