Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Brownies over at one of my favorite recipe blogs, Real Mom Kitchen. Well, I have been craving them since. You just can't beat the pairing of two things that are so delicious. The recipe just doesn't get any easier either. You should really look at the photo of the recipe on her site, they look much more delectable there. Upon further revisiting her recipe for the blog entry, I realize that I forgot to press the 2nd half of the Reese's into the top. Oh well, these still tasted fabulous! I will definitely be trying that next time though!

Reese's Brownies

1 brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker, you need the 9 x 13 size)
ingredients needed to make the brownie mix
1 (12 oz bag) Reese's miniature peanut butter cups

Open up half of the peanut butter cups, there's about 40 in a bag. Cut each peanut butter cup into fourths. Mix the brownie mix together according to package directions for cake like brownies. Mix in your cut up peanut butter cups and pour into pan prepared according to package directions. (The Betty Crocker one says to spray the bottom of the pan.) Then if you see some pieces of peanut butter cups clumped together in the batter, use a fork to help make sure all the chunks are evenly dispersed. Cook according to package directions, except remove 5 minutes early from oven. While the brownies cook, open and cut up the other half bag of Reese's the same way. Then when you remove the brownies 5 minutes early, evenly sprinkle the remaining cut up Reese's over the brownies. Return brownies to oven for the remaining 5 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Cool and cut into squares.


As you can see, I had a very eager helper while making brownies. All of my kids just LOVE to help cook. I wonder why? Isn't it good he took his shower right before helping?


1 comment: